a classification that sets criteria to determine whether an economic activity significantly contributes to the six environmental objectives as defined in the regulation:
the taxonomy regulation establishes six environmental objectives, directly related to sustainability principles:t
1. climate change mitigation 2. climate change adaptation 3. the sustainable use and protection of water and marine resources 4. the transition to a circular economy 5. pollution prevention and control 6. the protection and restoration of biodiversity and ecosystems
The objective of this regulation is to provide a common framework to assess the sustainability of economic activities. As such, large companies and financial market participants are now required to disclose the environmental impact of their capital spending against these pillars to allow consumers and government to integrate non-financial performance into their buying decisions.
More From The Blog
- World Clean Data Day 2024
- DTM Legal Partners with Carbon Happy World to Strengthen ESG Commitment in Liverpool City Region
- Embracing Sustainability: Your Pathway to Procurement Success
- What does the future of ESG Reporting look like?
- Carbon Happy World tell you what double materiality and ESG reporting is.
OUR CUSTOMERS SAY:
“The sustainability in mind learning opened my mind to what I thought I knew. From the basic principles of climate change and its impact, to the social dynamics that have led us to where we are today. The course enabled me to reassess what it means to be a leader and it has given me confidence and motivation to initiate change.”
Helen Stephens – social entrepreneur and city councillor
“The carbon calculation process carried out by Carbon Happy World has been a fascinating and eye opening project for me. It provided essential insights into the sources and reasons behind our carbon emissions. The work has already enabled productive engagement with our suppliers to minimise environmental impact"
Desert Vipers, Head of Strategy Matt Bailey
“the consultancy enabled me to reassess what it means to be a leader and it has given me confidence & motivation to initiate change."