A unit representing a one tonne of CO2 climate benefit. Carbon credits can either be an avoided emission / emission reduction carbon credit, or a removal carbon credit. If “offsetting” is the verb (the act of compensating for emissions), “carbon credit” is the noun (the unit of account). Carbon credits can be used in other contexts that are not offsetting.
More From The Blog
- What does the future of ESG Reporting look like?
- Carbon Happy World tell you what double materiality and ESG reporting is.
- SECR – UK Carbon reporting regulations
- What are the benefits of starting your journey to net zero early?
- Carbon Happy World helps Desert Vipers become the world’s first fully carbon calculated cricket team.
OUR CUSTOMERS SAY:
“The sustainability in mind learning opened my mind to what I thought I knew. From the basic principles of climate change and its impact, to the social dynamics that have led us to where we are today. The course enabled me to reassess what it means to be a leader and it has given me confidence and motivation to initiate change.”
Helen Stephens – social entrepreneur and city councillor
“The carbon calculation process carried out by Carbon Happy World has been a fascinating and eye opening project for me. It provided essential insights into the sources and reasons behind our carbon emissions. The work has already enabled productive engagement with our suppliers to minimise environmental impact"
Desert Vipers, Head of Strategy Matt Bailey
“the consultancy enabled me to reassess what it means to be a leader and it has given me confidence & motivation to initiate change."